The dam at St. George has been part of the community for over a century. The “main” dam was built in the early part of the last century and the height of the dam was increased in 1950. In 2002, St. George Power undertook a major construction project to install a new
St. George Power has always been a “run of river” dam. This means that it does not collect and control water in a head-pond like Mactaquac or other NB Power hydro dams. The water that naturally flows from the river turns the turbines in the dam at St. George.